I've studied Process Improvement for over twenty years:
- Master's Degrees in Quality Assurance and Business Management
- Advanced Training in TQM, Lean, Six Sigma, ISO 9000, BPM, etc.
- Baldrige Criteria Examiner
- Line and Staff Operations and Quality Manager for companies such as IBM, Ingram and Coventry Health Care
What Do I Do? I help you do what you do - more productively.
I help process owners transform business processes into scalable, efficient, repeatable systems. I enjoy the challenge and process of innovation – using my proprietary “Process Innovation Canvas,” and leveraging tools from Six Sigma, Lean, BPM and Creative Problem Solving. I have a unique ability to “see” business processes and translate that vision into actions to drive improvement.
Why Do I Do This?
Good processes are the key to any well run business. Too many times, businesses are so busy working in their business, they do not have time to work on their business. I provide the tools and expertise to help you improve your operational processes.
Who Do I Help?
I help process owners at large organizations and small business. These process owners know their business, but pressures force them to work in their business and don’t allow them to work on their business.
Do any of these describe your organization?
- Lack of repeatability - Your process generates widely varying results, either in individual outcomes or as a whole, especially when different associates perform the same activities.
- Lots of “Exceptions” - You, as the process owner, need to jump in frequently to correct a problem or handle an unexpected situation
- Lengthy and Costly - Your process takes too long and costs too much. You have pressure to get things done faster and with less people than ever before.
How I Help
Consulting Services - I guide you through the Process Innovation Framework to make dramatic improvements in targeted processes. For more information see the Consulting page.
Education - from Lunch and Learn and community Breakfast and Books to targeted training sessions or workshops, I train your staff in process improvement, operations and brainstorming. For more information, see the Education page.
Whom have I Helped?
- Ingram Lightning Source
- The Little Clinic
- Coventry Health Care
- Point Clear Solutions
"Craig has done extensive consulting for EnableComp over the past few years. He is extremely knowledgeable as it relates to process improvement and business analysis. He is a visionary who has a knack for grasping things from a strategic viewpoint and recommending holistic solutions that help the enterprise do things both more effectively and efficiently. Craig also is trained as a TNCPE examiner and he brings that skill set to every assignment which is invaluable for any organization that wants to improve."
- David F. Jones, Medi-Copy Services, EnableComp
"Craig's work was a critical factor in several large projects that saved the company millions of dollars on an ongoing basis. His industry and business process knowledge were invaluable in creating innovative and cost effective solutions."
- Chris Watson, COO, One Call Care Management
"Craig demonstrated an expertise at identifying and implementing process improvements aimed at significant efficiency gains. He has proven results from a number of initiatives over the time that I worked at Concentra. His accomplishments included automating manual processes, designing new processes, building data management/reporting tools and providing technical subject-matter expertise.
Craig has deep knowledge in a broad range of areas including but not limited to technology, production/operations management, statistical process control and quantitative analysis."
- Mike Patterson, Vice President, United Health Group